At Canna Catering we believe in patient safety, first. Medicine must be made under sanitary conditions, and be must free of harmful pesticides and contaminants. All Canna Catering products have been tested and certified by Steep Hill Labs and CAPSCE approved.
What is Safe Cannabis?
Safe Cannabis is a simple philosophy. Patients use cannabis for medicine, therefore like any other medicine; Cannabis products should be safe, sanitary, and consistent. Medicinal products, should be just that... medicine. No one should have to wonder, what effect they're medicine is going to have when they take it. Rather dosage and consistency should be determined through clinical testing.
What does Safe Cannabis mean?
Medicinal cannabis produced for patients should meeting the following standards:
- Clinical testing to determine potency, and screen for harmful materials
- Local health and safety regulations
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)'s
- Cannabis Based Medicinal Edibles (CMBE's) should follow the CAPSCE code
- FDA Approved Packaing
- Propoer Food storage facility
- Commercially licensed manufacturing facility
Food-based cannabis medicines affect patients differently than inhaled methods of medicating with cannabis. Eating too much cannabis can cause extreme drowsiness, dizziness, inability to concentrate, diminished ability to focus, rapid heartbeat, increases or decreases in blood pressure, need for sleep, and feelings of euphoria.
How can you ingest cannabis medicines safely?
Learn to manage your dosage effectively...
- Begin with a 1/4 of a "dose" or small portion of product.
- Wait for at least one hour and analyze the effects.
- If necessary, consume another 1/4 dose or small portion.
- Wait for at least one more hour.
- If necessary, consume part or all of the remaining product.
Do not operate heavy machinery, motor vehicles, boats, or motorcycles while taking edible medication. Do not use if you are pregnant, nursing or caring for an infant. Do be are of your surroundings and possible hazards, and prepare for your needs before taking medication.
Remember: Edibles can vary greatly in potency. Products often contain multiple doses or lesser doses of medicine. Weight, metabolism, and eating habits can alter dosage effects. Taking medication on an empty stomach can intensify medicinal effects. Learn dosage management that works for you when ingesting cannabis medicine.
If you feel you have eaten too much of a food-based medicine, do not panic, your symptoms will subside within a few hours. Remain calm. Stay hydrated and eat food to help symptoms pass. Edible cannabis is safe and will not cause any long-term toxicity.